1. All games are 3 periods. The first two periods are 20 minute runtime. The third period is 10 minute run time and 10 minute stop time if score is within five goals.
2. There will be a flood after every two periods of play during the tournament.
3. Home team will wear light jerseys unless otherwise agreed upon by both teams.
4. There will be a 2 minute warm up before each game. Warm up clock will start regardless of whether teams are on the ice and ready to play. Any team not ready to play at the assigned time will forfeit the game.
5. All minor penalties will be 2 minute during stop time, 3 minutes during run time.
6. Round Robin games: Winners will be awarded 2 points for a win. Each team will receive 1 point in the event of a tie. Losses will result in 0 points.
7. Advancement to Semi-Finals: In the event of a tie in the standings after round robin play, the team with the least amount of penalty minutes will advance. If the penalty minutes are equal, the team with the least goals against will advance. Goals for, will not factor in advancement.
8. Semi-Final and Final games: In the event of a tie the first tie breaker will be a 5 minute over time, first to score wins. If still tied after over time a shoot out will commence. Three players will be selected from each team to shoot. The team that scored the first goal of the game will get the first shot. If the game is still tied after the first round of shooters, teams will alternate one shooter at a time until the tie is broken. All players on the scoresheet and dressed for the game must shoot once before any player may shoot a second time.
9. Rules of Hockey Alberta also apply in addition to the special rules specific to this tournament.
10. Referee harassment from teams, parents or other spectators will NOT be tolerated.